Treasury Financial Controller
Azimo is the better way to transfer money worldwide. We’re fast, safe, simple and you can do it all online, or on your mobile, to fit in with how we live today. We were created with the explicit mission of cutting the costs of sending money home.
Started in 2012 we’ve rapidly grown into the world’s largest online only money transfer service. Currently we can send money to over 190 countries, can transfer in over 80 currencies, and have technology that can reach almost every person’s bank account in the world. We have two centres of operation, in London and Krakow, and employ around 100 people. We’re a team that’s cosmopolitan, tech savvy, open-minded and willing to climb the mountains and swim the oceans...unless it’s raining. We’re also not in love with working long hours just to prove how macho we are. We know there’s more to life than work and that there’s a whole world outside our door. But we do want to make the time we all spend at Azimo both productive and enjoyable. Azimo are an equal opportunities employer and strongly support diversity across the people who work here.
We are looking for a Fin Ops Manager to be an integral part of our Finance team. Your role sits at the core of the business and is a very exciting and challenging position. Working in a positive, thriving FinTech start up environment, you are responsible for daily financial operations as well as the development of one of the most important company’s function. You make sure the money flow is managed efficiently, reconciliations are done and resolved, reporting and controls are maintained and further developed. You will help to ensure the smooth running and control of the client and company funds and operations and develop and improve systems and controls.
- Overall responsibility of the company’s Financial operations, Treasury function and Financial Reporting side of company’s operations
- Supervision and development of a team of 3-4 FTEs between London and Krakow
- Close collaboration with other parts of the business such as Operations, Compliance & Risk, Data and Analytics
- Management of client money logistics and responsibility for monthly balance and transaction reconciliations as well as automation of these
- Responsible for month end close procedures as well as key role in audit process
- Responsible for the process of monitoring the balances and processing payments at specific cut-off times and checking money has been received at the appropriate time
- Closely working with Azimo’s partners like FX and liquidity providers or payout partners to manage issue resolution, reconciliation differences, payment processing optimisation
- Comprehensive analysis of working capital levels and cash flows
- Monthly reporting to the senior management team
- Development and implementation of internal controls and workflows
- Development and implementation of automation and improvements within Financial Reporting and Treasury processes
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA accountant
- FX/Payments/Banking/Fintech industry experience
- Advanced IT skills including Excel
- SQL is desired but not essential
PERSONAL QUALITIES REQUIRED:
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- Ability to maintain an excellent degree of accuracy, whilst working to tight deadlines and can adapt in a changing and demanding environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary for daily interaction with senior management
- Management and leadership skills
- Strong excel modelling skills, ability to analyse large volumes of data and provide concise insights of key messages
- Excellent administration and time management skills - ability to manage and organise multiple work streams simultaneously
- Problem solving/decision making skills - ability to decide on best course of action required to solve a range of problems and queries
- Positive and maintain a can-do attitude
- Working in one of the hottest FinTech Startups in Europe
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- Weekly team lunch
- Office snacks and lots of coffee
- To work in a truly special team – we believe in what we do!