Java Software Engineer
Azimo is the better way to transfer money worldwide.
We’re fast, safe, simple and you can do it all online or on your mobile to fit in with how we live today. We were created with the explicit mission of cutting the costs of sending money home. So more money can reach the people, families, communities and even countries that need it.
We have two centres of operation, in London and Krakow, and employ around 140 people. We’re a team that’s cosmopolitan, tech savvy, open-minded and willing to climb the mountains and swim the oceans (unless it’s raining).
We’re also not in love with working long hours just to prove how macho we are. We know there’s more to life than work and that there’s a whole world outside our door. But we do want to make the time we all spend at Azimo both productive and enjoyable.
We are looking for a passionateJava Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Krakow. If you are seeking for a challenging projects in a start-up environment with high autonomy and ownership this offer is for you.
- Understanding of the service oriented, event driven microservices architecture
- Experience in building highly-scalable software with Java 8+ and Spring
- Strong familiarity with RESTful design principles
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Having a keen eye for clean code
- Understanding of modern CI/CD process
- Knowledge of version control systems: Git
- Build tools: gradle
- Good English skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with data processing via Apache Kafka
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Nomad
- This role is offered on a Business to Business or Employment contract
- Competitive salary
- Private Medical Healthcare and Sports card
- Use of MacBook 15” Pro
- Weekly team lunch
- Office snacks and lots of coffee
- To work in a truly special team – we believe in what we do!
- Working in one of the hottest FinTech Startups in Europe