Senior Java Software Engineer / SRE Engineer
Azimo is the better way to transfer money worldwide.
We’re fast, safe, simple and you can do it all online or on your mobile to fit in with how we live today. We were created with the explicit mission of cutting the costs of sending money home. So more money can reach the people, families, communities and even countries that need it.
We have two centres of operation, in London and Krakow, and employ more than 130 people. We’re a team that’s cosmopolitan, tech savvy, open-minded and willing to climb the mountains and swim the oceans (unless it’s raining).
We’re also not in love with working long hours just to prove how macho we are. We know there’s more to life than work and that there’s a whole world outside our door. But we do want to make the time we all spend at Azimo both productive and enjoyable.
We are looking for a passionate SRE Engineer to join our Engineering team in Krakow. Main responsibility for this role is to take the ownership for microservice ecosystem. Engineer will create, maintain and develop software, which increase the scalability and security of Azimo platform and the pace of development (CI/CD pipelines, staging environments, Service Catalog).
You will be also responsible for co-ownership and communication of the Desired Architecture for Azimo platform, helping define and implement the best engineering practices in Mission Teams and helping organisation to make long term decisions about the platform development.
- Agile mindset and can-do attitude
- Deep understanding of the service oriented, event driven microservices architecture
- Experience in building highly-scalable software with Java 8+ and Spring
- Strong familiarity with RESTful design principles
- Understanding of modern CI/CD process
- Knowledge of version control systems: Git
- Build tools: sbt, gradle
- Good English skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in building software with Scala, Go or PHP
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Cassandra, Redis)
- Experience with data processing ecosystem (Apache Kafka, Google Dataflow, Akka streams, Apache Beam)
- Experience with cloud solutions: AWS, Google Cloud
- Experience with leading small teams
- Experience with ansible and terraform
- Competitive salary
- Private Medical Healthcare and Sports card
- Use of MacBook 15” Pro
- Weekly team lunch
- Office snacks and lots of coffee
- To work in a truly special team – we believe in what we do!
- Working in one of the hottest FinTech Startups in Europe